Weare Cottage is a beautiful detached property, quietly tucked away within an idyllic riverside village in the Torridge valley. Surrounded by woodland yet just 15 minutes from long sandy beaches and the dramatic North Devon coastline, you experience the best of both worlds.
The cottage sits in the heart of the village, 2 minutes walk to the local pub and 5 minutes to the village park with children’s playground and community orchard.
This family friendly holiday cottage is perfectly designed for modern day living with plenty of space for everyone to find their own quiet spot.
- kitchen diner – fully equipped with fridge freezer, gas hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, wine cooler, filter coffee machine, kettle, toaster and all utensils.
- family room -with smart tv, dvd player, books and games; perfect for keepng an eye on little ones whilst cooking dinner. French doors open out onto the decking
- sitting room – cosy log burner, large smart tv and dvd player
- conservatory–sunny and south facing, perfect for morning coffee or a quiet afternoon.
- study– with large desk, ideal to ‘work from home.’
- cloakroom/wc – washing machine, tumble dryer
- entrance hallway – plenty of storage for coats and boots
- king size bedroom – drawers, wardrobe and en-suite shower room with heated towel rail
- twin bedroom – drawers, wardrobe
- super king room (able to convert to a twin on request) – drawers, wardrobe
- family bathroom – large bath with shower over, heated towel rail, hairdryer
Travel cot, high chair, child’s dining chair plus children’s tableware and cutlery, plug in night lights, socket covers, toys and books are all available for younger guests.
We provide high quality cotton bed linen, towels (not beach), tea towels, toilet roll, washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets and a small amount of washing detergent/fabric conditioner along with basic cleaning supplies. A starter basket of logs is also supplied if you wish to use the wood burner.
The cottage features a large and very private south facing decked area with outdoor seating, parasol and dining furniture along with a gas bbq, perfect for al fresco dining after a long day at the beach. The garden, with lawn and flowerbeds, is fully enclosed with plenty of room to safely store bikes and surfboards.
Driveway parking is available for up to 3 cars.
Keys may be collected in person or from a key safe if preferred. We live next door and are more than happy to offer advice and recommendations on the local area.
Sorry but we do not accept pets
Please note that our changeover day is usually a Friday. Other days may be possible by prior arrangement.
Between October and Easter and away from main holiday periods we can often offer 3 night weekend or 4 night mid-week breaks, please do ask us for details.